THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Quote.



I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. 

Do you know your next door neighbor?

--Mother Teresa


Garage up.

Garage down.

Passing at the mailboxes.

Crossing the street, on the way to school.

Lost dog -- call if found.

Random bikes laying around.

Who are they?

They each have a story.

There's still so much left to learn about the world -- and the people in it.

Take the time to say hello.

Bring some cookies.

Invite to coffee.

I can't promise they won't hurt you.

Take advantage of you.

Or be nice to you when you aren't around.

But that's not a reason not to try.

You could miss finding the best friend of your life.

And life is pretty lonely without friends.

Without my neighbors,

I wouldn't have had anyone to take my child with diabetes...
when I went into labor.

Then, I wouldn't have had a meal for my family after we brought our new baby home.

Or after Mr. Rose had surgery.

And then a blood clot.

Many of us don't have very much, if any, family in the area.

We've spent many holiday dinners together.
Thanksgiving...Easter...

Emergency contacts for this and that.

There are countless field trips I never would have been able to attend,
if not for their willingness to take the littles at home.

And meetings at the school.

And, when I had 2 napping toddlers,
I would have had to wake them every day to pick up my 4 year old from preschool.
But, instead, a kind neighbor offered to wait the extra 15-20 minutes
after picking up her daughter
so she could pick up mine.

Our girls have found wonderful friendships.

And so have we.

Say hello.

It's worth the risk.

August 26 • Day 6:  Quote, End Quote. Post
Let someone else’s wise words inspire you. Find a quote that moves you in some way then free-write about it. Don’t stop writing for 15-20 mins. Now post!


I'm participating in the Advocating for Another Carnival 2012, and you can too! 
Check it out, and jump in anytime!


Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. oh, I love this! We have an odd eclectic assortment of neighbors - a wide variety of lifestyles, religious choices, professions...etc. It makes for such strange and wonderful conversations. I agree with you, and that lovely Saint :)

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.