Returning calls to worried parents whenever the pediatrician's offices are closed (i.e. evenings, weekends, holidays).
Last night was really busy. As I watched my screen of calls get longer and longer (and longer), I couldn't help but to remind myself of why I really do enjoy my job...
1) I get to rock out to an eclectic array of ring tones.
2) I can update my Facebook status between calls and check my e-mail or blog when all the pagers are quiet.
3) Jason pops in now and then just to hang out and brings me surprise ice cream.
4) Tiara styles my hair and pretends to give me a makeover with old makeup brushes while I'm dialing and charting. You should see some of the dos I'm sporting when rocking out to the aforementioned ring tones!
5) Tink and I get to cuddle before bed. We can read her favorite book of the day if I'm waiting for a doctor to call me back. When she was a newborn, I used to push her bassinet in here with me to nurse on demand...and **sigh** just because I wanted my baby close to me.
6) Sugar reads to me when it's quiet and loves to sit on the other side of my table to draw pictures. She's quite an artist :)
7) I can smell Jason's latest kitchen experiment cooking.
8) I can take advantage of the heath benefits from a simple glass of wine after the calls are done and I'm tallying up my numbers.
9) Can't beat the commute.
10) Wearing your PJ's to work saves laundry.
Day 30 Done!