THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gluten Free Lunch In The Backseat: GoGo Squeeze and TrueBar

Several weeks ago, I received a product sample of GoGo Squeeze to review here on Candy Hearts.  Knowing our road trip was coming up, I put them away to save for the ride.  I first heard about GoGo Squeeze from Alexis, so we had actually already tried them -- and loved them.

Apple Cinnamon is our family's favorite, but a variety of other flavors are available, including: AppleStrawberry, ApplePeach, AppleBanana, and AppleApple (plain). The ingredients are simple (apples and cinnamon.  Easy Peasy) and free of refined sugar or artificial ingredients. Each little pouch packs between 12 and 15 grams of carbohydrate, depending on the flavor.

The cap twists off -- no spoons or spills to worry about, and the pouches can be recycled through a partnership with Terracycle.

Throw them in a purse, a diabetes bag, a lunch box, or just stash some on the shelf for a healthy snack whenever the craving hits.  GoGo Squeeze gets 2 thumbs up from the Rose Family!



I also received some TrueBars from Bakery On Main.  We tried some of their granola and granola bars earlier this year, so I had complete confidence that TrueBars wouldn't disappoint. With names like Coconut Cashew, Apricot Almond Chai, and Hazelnut Chocolate Cherry, how could they?

These bars really don't have anything to hide!  Each bar comes in around 20 to 25 carbs, depending on the flavor, and all the ingredients are easy to read.  They're very easy to transport, making them an ideal snack on the run.

I ate one of these before several of my BodyBack workouts and they worked out great!  BONUS: After the workouts, I wasn't ravenous either.  Sugar also enjoyed them for an easy meal-on-the-go.  Her favorite flavor was the Fruit and Nut while I couldn't decide, because I loved them all.

A nutritious granola bar to pair with a perfectly portioned pouch of applesauce.  

This is a gluten-free match made in Heaven, indeed!

SUPREME AWESOMENESS!

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Those bars look great...and Bridget loves the GoGo Squeezes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'll have to hunt down those granola bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys LOVE GoGo Squeeze. Our Target just got in a huge shipment of them. Each boy has a different fave (AppleCinnamon, AppleApple, & ApplePeach) so I stocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have never tried gogo squeeze. I keep saing I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just found the GoGo Squeeze about a month ago and LOVE them! So easy for a nutritious on the go snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I remember Alexis mentionin the GoGo Squeeze and I keep forgetting to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I will be on the lookout for those bars! You had me at Coconut Cashew. :)

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.