THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Choosing Joy: The Official Intro

I tossed it on Facebook once.

And I know I've mentioned it in a few comments.

But I haven't "officially" introduced it here yet.

When Rachael mentioned it, I decided that it was time.

It started because I couldn't figure out the words to put together a "New Years Resolution" post.  I'd start writing...then delete...then start again....then delete the entire thing....and start over....


It's not that I don't have goals.  Sure I do.  I mean...we all do, right?

It's just that the the ONE thing I want to be more intentional about in 2011 is to stop taking life's little moments for granted.  In order to do this, I needed a way to document them.

And so, Choosing Joy was born.

It's kind of like Jen's 365 Project...and Heather's 365 Project...and Tracy's 365 Project.

It doesn't center around diabetes.  Or celiac.  Like everything else in this life, those things do creep in, but you'll soon learn that our life doesn't always revolve around them.  Over there you'll find that I have a pink streak and a shadow; I like to doodle my husband's name; I love afternoon delights, sparkly toes, and my baby's feet.  It's just a sneak peek of ordinary moments that provide a different view of our family.

I try to update as often as possible.  Usually this means I sit down and end up posting a few days at a time.  When things are quiet over there, it doesn't mean there isn't any life happening....actually it's just the opposite.  It has ended up to be this way BECAUSE life is happening!

So, there ya go.

CHOOSING JOY - A Year of Roses.

Happy New Year!
Follow Me on Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. Luv it! I'm getting ready to go check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! i remember you mentioning this somewhere and I had forgotten about it! glad you posted this..I am heading over now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I'm following and looking forward to reading your positive stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - Wendy!
    I have to admit - I went over to check out the 'afternoon delight 1st' --- this curious mind had to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I have been thinking about doing something similar. I am reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp ...very similar concept throughout the book of enjoying the little things. If you knew me beyond my blog, you would know that I am usually a cup half full kind of gal. Great blog my friend, I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I, too, have been trying to come up with a way to have more "cup half full" moments, especially on days that D goes south on us. I just may follow in your footsteps with this one! We could all use a little bit of sunshine, and rehash those good moments, couldn't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it and LOVE the way you are choosing to view life with JOY! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I LOVE LOVE photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome! I love choosing Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this! You family is beautiful and it is so nice to see the JOY :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy = gratitude.......
    the more joy you choose to see, the more grateful you become, for all those fleeting moments that are our life.. the ones that if we don't slow down to see, whiz by us unnoticed. it is in those fleeting moments that we treasure, feel blessed, and choose joy!
    i second ann voskamp's book.... and her blog
    http://www.aholyexperience.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been following and loving every single moment of joy you have shared. AWSCHUM!

    And alix's comment = wonderful.

    I did a 365 from last Jan 1st to this past Dec. 31st in photos and absolutely LOVED doing it. I actually miss taking a photo a day. It made me take the time to appreciate something in an otherwise ordinary moment.

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.