THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Best of the 'Betes Blogs -- March 2013



Hello.
I know.
I KNOW!!!
If you live on the East Coast, then it's already tomorrow.
But, in **MY** world, it's still today.
So, technically, this post full of awesome bloggers isn't really late.
And, even if it is little late, I promise it was worth the wait...

{postscript: Nevermind. I'm a day late, but I promise I tried my best not to be!}

Introducing the March 2013 edition of the Best of the 'Betes Blogs!!!


Best Use of Humor
  • Early March brought a wave of emotion as the Diabetes Online Community braced themselves for a "big announcement". {insert dramatic musical crescendo}  In the end the reviews were mixed and emotions ran high, but Jacquie manged to tie it all together with a healthy dose of humor.
Best Vlog
  • Well...Sara said I *HAD* to include it...and it's the only one nominated in this category, sooo...here ya go:  The Rose Family Harlem Shake.
Best Recipe
Best Use of Photography
Best Advocacy
Best Story of a D Meet-up
  • Jess reminds us that age really doesn't matter when you stumble upon a D connection. The warm fuzzy feelings help each of us know that we aren't alone on this journey.
Best Post by a Type 1
  • Define normal. You probably can't. Jen points out that all the pictures on her boxes of diabetes gear probably aren't all that normal either. But, don't worry. She gets real.
Best Post by a Type Awesome
  • I, too, I scrub toilets with the cell phone in hand while wondering what the square root of syrup is. Meri knows. She just knows all the right things to say...and the right way to draw them.
Best Post by a LADA/ Type 1.5/ Not otherwise specified
  • Charli tells it like it is. It's freaking hard...and, sometimes, your best means only testing twice, forgetting your meter, and eating fries. 
Best story of a D-mistake
  • My heart stopped as I was reading this post by Martin. Grab a tissue, and take a deep breath. Now...dive in.
Best Motivational Post
  • I want to be a runner, but the truth is that I'm not a runner. Celine...well...Celine is a runner! More than that, however, Celine has the heart of an advocate, and her recent presentation to a group of CDEs proves it!
Best Diabetes Art
  • Kim shares her creative expression, and what a beautiful expression it is!  Hard to believe it's novice talent!
Thank you to all those who nominated posts this month,
and congratulations to everyone who was nominated!

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Oh fun! I didn't know this existed. Thanks for whomever threw me into the running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got picked! I got picked! Thank you, Wendy! What fun! I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to get caught up on the blogosphere - thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.