THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy National Nurses Week 2012!

Nurses hold a special place in my heart.

I have met some AMAZING nurses during my lifetime.

My mother graduated from nursing school in 1972.

She was 7 months pregnant with yours truly :)

I graduated from nursing school in 1995...


Last year, I wrote this post about our amazing school nurse team over at the Sunbutter blog.  

Today, I'm hanging out at Sanofi's Discuss Diabetes blog.
We're talking about what it's been like to combine 
motherhood, raising a type 1 kiddo, and my nursing career.
It's not all it's cracked up to be!

Grab yourself a cup of love, and join me over there!


Florence Nightingale Pledge
 solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. nurses are some of the most amazing and caring people around. My aunt and 2 of my cousins are both nurses. I would be lost without our diabetes nurse educator. Thank you for doing what you do everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cherish each and every Nurse, ALWAYS! Patient care has gotta be THE toughest thing out there in this crazy world :) Thanks for sharing, LOVED the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.