THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Saturday, May 21, 2011

BodyBack Workout: Week 5 Review



I didn't see a weight change at all this week.

After last week's 5 pound drop, I was hoping to do it again....but.....things stayed the same.  At least it wasn't a gain, I guess.  I'm trying really hard not to get caught up in the scale, but it gets in my head sometimes.  I want to see that number dropping....faster....

Even still, I know I'm stronger.  I know I'm not as tired.  I know I feel better.  I know my mood is brighter.  I know my sweet tooth cravings have been (mostly) conquered.  I know I don't feel as hungry as I used to.

Those things count for something too.

At any rate, last Saturday was a partner class.  We were each assigned a partner to support, encourage, and motivate throughout the class.  My partner was amazing.  She has inspired me from the first day of BodyBack.  I truly admire her, and the way she cheers on all the other mothers in our group.  In fact, a few weeks ago, she was the mama who held my hand when I was sure I couldn't ever make it up the hill.  She keeps her weights moving, holds a plank with the best of them, and makes the transition from one move to the next seem effortless.  It was a joy and an honor to be paired with her.  

When class was over, I felt very strong and empowered.  There's something you should know about me.  I'm always last.  When we run, I'm always in the back of the pack.  It doesn't matter what type of class we're having, I'm usually moving slower than everyone else.  I give it my all out there, but my all just so happens to be slow.  Towards the end of the class...you know, the part where we were repeatedly bear climbing, lunging, and running up and down a hill with 10 lb weights (yeah -- THAT part)...well, I kept wishing I could move with less effort and more grace.  I kept imagining what I must look like crawling up that hill after an already intense workout...and then something dawned on me.

I was crawling up a hill.  I was moving.  I was lunging, running, lifting, kicking, and pushing.

I was there.  In the moment.  Doing it.

And I had a friend beside me who didn't care if I looked like an idiot or if I was slow or if I needed to take water breaks.  In fact, I had an entire group of strong mothers surrounding me, and the power they emanated was breathtaking.

I basked in those moments.

So, just when I was sure that there wasn't an emotion left to be had....there was one more surprise left.

As it turned out, our instructor had spent some time over the previous week reaching out to our loved ones.  She talked about how the important people in our hearts are our partners and teammates in the game of Life.  Before class was finished, she handed each of us a letter, and gave us a few minutes to read them.

I was flabbergasted.

Mr. Rose wrote me the most beautiful letter.

He knows I'm slow.  In fact, he knows all of my flaws.

And he loves me anyway.

Body Back® is the newest program release from Stroller Strides’ founder Lisa Druxman. Body Back is a results based workout program for moms of any age. Inspired by the Mama Wants Her Body BackDVD series, it offers high intensity, interval workouts along with before and after fitness assessments, a nutrition plan, coaching and support in a motivating and inspirational program. The workouts have been clinically proven in a University research study to help moms lose the weight and get their pre-baby body back. Moms all over the country are achieving results that they never dreamed possible. 100% of the weight lost was pure body fat! You will see that anything is possible!
Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. Awww, what an ending to this post! I love it!!! :)

    You may be slow, but you're out there getting your body back! You're doing it! Go, Wendy! Go, Wendy! Go, go, go!!!!!!

    So proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...to have such support, amazing!
    Keep moving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The emotional transformation is SOOOOO much more gratifying than the physical. Your strength gained will be immeasurable, because your heart is getting the greatest workout (all the growing love!).

    I have always been in the back of the pack. I kind of like it ;). You get to sit back and check out the competition and the expectations are lighter. Then, in a couple of months, you can sneak up on everyone and suprise the heck out of 'em when you fly right by them.

    Nice work, Wendy. I really like the sound of this BodyBack concept. I wish they had one over here in Iowa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! What a fabulous workout regime, I like Amy wish there was one in our town. And the letter what a thoughtful tough - BRAVO to you for all the hard work you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So motivational!!! I was just ranting about my lack of excercise, you should be so proud of yourself Wendy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow and steady wins the race! So proud of u!! Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very sweet to have your bunnies write you-I love it!! : ). Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dedication inspires me.

    I wanted you to know that I've passed on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. I want you to know how much I appreciate the guest post you wrote for me back when I had about 2 followers!
    http://coulditbeceliac.blogspot.com/2011/05/http4.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, you continue to inspire me and the DOC Wendy. Your transparency and determination and "try" are remarkable. Keep it up. It is hard. As you feel better and better mentally and physically you are gonna be one snowball of fitness and well-being gaining speed and power as you roll down hill baby!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for making it through week 5! I am SO proud of you and your drive to see this through!

    Excellent review this week!

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.