A 10 pound weight in each hand...sit up...punch side to side -- BOOM BOOM...do it again...faster...again...
"You will NOT take her childhood."
"You will NOT take her eyesight."
"You will NOT take her kidneys."
"THE BUCK STOPS HERE, YOU CRAZY DISEASE! I am fat. I am tired. I am cranky. And you are DONE robbing my sanity."
..........And so Week 2 has begun..........
Week 1 brought a 3 pound weight loss. A far cry from my ultimate goal, but a loss nonetheless. If I manage to lose 3 pounds a week for the entire 8 weeks, I'll be half way there. Listen up: I'm trying hard too be a visionary here, people. (As such, I won't mention the wagon I fell off of yesterday. It wasn't pretty.)
Week 1 brought strength. Honestly, I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't living inside this body of mine. My workouts feel stronger, and, while I'm still struggling significantly with push ups, I just feel like my overall endurance has improved.
Week 1 brought new food choices. My sweet tooth is killing me. I'd be lying if I told you that I haven't succumbed to it a time or two...or three. (See also: Yesterday's Wagon.) That being said, I have been making better dietary selections overall. In the process, I've actually discovered a few new foodie favs:
|1 Protein Muffin served alongside Mangoes with Cinnamon|
- Protein Muffins. These have actually been a low carb fav around here for awhile. I've been rediscovering them over the past week. Mix up 6 eggs with a few splashes of milk. Add whatever mix-ins your Candy Heart desires: sprinkle of cheese, ham, salsa, chopped veggies, whatever. Spray 6 muffin tins with non-stick spray and divide up the egg mixture. Bake at 375 for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Mangoes with cinnamon sprinkled on top. I realize that there's a rumor circulating suggesting cinnamon can cure diabetes. While that's a load of bull-honky, there IS some preliminary research suggesting that it MIGHT be helpful in managing Type 2 Diabetes. One morning, I was dishing up some mangoes from our produce basket, and decided to sprinkle some cinnamon over top, just for the fun of it. 1) She/we loved it. 2) Her numbers were beautiful all day. (Yes, I realize that she has Type 1 and not Type 2, but just go with it.) At any rate, I tried my little experiment again the next day, and her numbers weren't nearly as nice. So, whatever. In the process, I discovered that cinnamon sprinkled over mangoes is delicious.
- Egg salad made with a Creamy Swiss Laughing Cow Light wedge. Yup -- 1 chopped hard boiled egg. Squeeze of mustard. Dash of salt. 1 cheese wedge. Mixed it up, and ate it open faced on a slice of Rudi's Gluten Free Multigrain bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers...all I can say is thank goodness Easter has arrived.
- Salad everyday. I've pretty much fallen into a habit of eating a salad everyday for lunch. Getting 9 heads of romaine in our produce basket last week might have something to do with it. At any rate, I'm dishing up lots of lettuce and chopped veggies topped with kidney beans or grilled chicken and smothered in salsa. Love it. Loved it before BodyBack....love it more now.
- Frozen banana topped with 1 (ehum, heaping) teaspoon of Sunbutter. I'm saving the best for last. This has become my most favorite thing to eat on the face of the earth. I love it like ice cream. I have even sprinkled a few almonds on top and called it a banana split. Love. Love. Love. If there was a like button for a "frozen banana with Sunbutter", I would click it a million times. There's something about the frozen texture of a banana and the way the spread freezes just a tad before melting in your mouth. Bliss.
So, there you have it! I'm off to enjoy a long weekend of family fun and celebration of Jesus Christ! Be sure to pop in sometime tomorrow to check out a very cool Easter cookie activity that you'll want to share with your family before bed. Trust me...it's worth it. AND they're not too terribly bad on the calories either :)
Body Back is a results based workout program for moms of any age. Inspired by the DVD series, it offers high intensity, interval workouts along with before and after fitness assessments, a nutrition plan, coaching and support in a motivating and inspirational program. The workouts have been clinically proven in a University research study to help moms lose the weight and get their pre-baby body back. Moms all over the country are achieving results that they never dreamed possible. 100% of the weight lost was pure body fat! You will see that anything is possible!