THE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES AND CELIAC DISEASE.
Life For A Child Button 2

Friday, September 10, 2010

More Art

We're a month into the school year over here.
And (knocking on wood) things are going REALLY well.
I never thought I'd say this, but....
I'm not obsessing about diabetes all day!
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

I seriously never thought this would ever happen.

Don't get me wrong, though.
There are days that I call, because I just need to know.
But, most of the time, my brain is able to take a little breather.

The fact that I can even write those words feels like an art project that has been in the making deep inside this Candy Heart for YEARS!!!!!
(5 years and 47 days, to be exact) 


I've been going to the gym.
And arranging play date co-ops for my girls.
And trying new recipes.
And connecting a little deeper with my D Mamas :)
And launching my new blog.
And doing stuff like this with Tink and Tiara as they prepared for their first school project...




Self Portraits!


Who is who?

Tink, 3 years - Preschool

Tiara, 4 years - Preschool
AM/PM Self Portraits for both Special and General Education Classes

Thanks for sharing the journey.
 I think my Writer's Block has finally cleared.

 Stay tuned...


From My Candy Heart To Yours,

Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the self portraits! They did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are going well with school for all girls. The Self Portraits are cute but I had them switched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower eyes and hands! And I love the message on the school wall: We are all alike. We are all different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute portraits! So happy for you that you can take a little breather sometimes. I know that it never completely leaves your mind, the D stuff. But it is wonderful that you have that much confidence in Sugar and her school staff!

    ReplyDelete

Candy Comment Love!

P.S. (Moderation has been enabled due to mega-spamming sugar cubes.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Life For A Child Button 2

While I'm happy to share our experiences with what works, and what doesn't work, for the management of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease in our house, please do not mistake anything you read here for medical advice. Decisions regarding your/your child's health care should be made only with the assistance of your medical care team. Use any information from this blog at your own risk.